I LOVE tacos. I wanted to make something a little different than the traditional beef taco or shrimp taco for dinner tonight, so I decided to make a fish BURRITO. It was so much easier to fill up one gluten free tortilla than it was to make three mini tortillas! (which also don’t come in gluten free 😉
I sautéed two filets of tilapia in butter with salt, pepper, and chili powder. While the fish cooked, I diced tomatoes and cut up a lime. The fish took about 10 minutes to cook all the way through and then I broke it up into tiny pieces. Warmed up our tortillas, layered our toppings, and dinner was done in about 20 minutes! LOVE easy dinners. Recipe below!
- 2 tilapia filets, medium sized
- 1 tomato, diced
- red onion, diced (can skip it, too!)
- cabbage slaw
- your favorite salsa! I used guacamole salsa 🙂
- tortillas, gluten free or flour!
- 1 lime
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- While butter melts, season both sides of the fish with one teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Once butter is melted, put fish in the pan.
- Cook through until thin sides of fish begin to curl up, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the fish and let cook until fish flakes with a fork.
- Break fish into bite size pieces.
- Assemble tacos as you wish and give a nice squirt of lime at the end!